The SDCP 2014 is divided into 64 individual chapters that have been grouped in Generic or Area Specific chapters:
- Chapter 1: Introduction - The Introduction Chapter provides an overview of the SDCP 2014 and is to be read in conjunction with all DCP Chapters.
- Chapter 2: General and Environmental Considerations - Outlines a number of general and environmental matters including potentially contaminated land, European heritage, Aboriginal cultural heritage and Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design.
- Generic Chapters - These relate to all development types across Shoalhaven or relate to specific development types that occur across Shoalhaven
- Area Specific Chapters - These apply to specific areas within Shoalhaven and generally apply to a a range of development types.
- Dictionary - The SDCP 2014 Dictionary provides definitions that are not included in SLEP 2014